Positive Behavior Intervention and Support
Alice Birney’s PBIS framework
is based on being
Goal-Driven, Respectful, Responsible Citizens (GRR)
The PBIS framework is an opportunity to help students focus on good behavior and strive to succeed. Individual students will have an opportunity to be recognized for following our school expectations. When a staff member catches a student doing an exceptional job with one or more of GRR expectations, he/she receives a “GRR Ticket.” His/her name will be put into a weekly drawing to receive special recognition.
How does PBIS benefit our school?
- It’s a proactive and consistent approach to school-wide discipline which will assist in improved student achievement.
- It gives staff the opportunity to be involved in the decision-making process. (Shared leadership approach)
- It provides data to assess needs and make informed decisions.
- It provides increased feedback and support to staff.
- It creates consistent language and expectations across all school areas.
Ultimately, PBIS implementation provides a decrease in addressing challenging behaviors which thereby increases overall instructional time.
PBIS Leadership Team